The physical therapists of One Courageous Hospice & Palliative Care will assess, evaluate and develop a treatment plan developed around each individual need of our patients. At One Courageous we offer physical therapy which is directed at achieving symptom control, maximizing remaining functional abilities, providing caregiver education, and contributing to interdisciplinary team communication.
At One Courageous our physical therapists assist patients in maintaining their self-identity, achieving a comfort level and confidently using their remaining abilities as the gradual reduction in functional abilities, roles, and expectations occurs.
Physical therapy services may include but are not limited to:
- Pain management and relief
- Positioning to prevent pressure sores, decrease pain, help to prevent contractures, and aid in breathing and digestion
- Endurance training and energy conservation techniques
- Gait training, stair climbing, transfers and safety instruction
- Therapeutic exercise
- Edema management
- Equipment recommendation, modification and training
- Home modification
If you are interested to meet with us personally for an assessment, please Set an Appointment online so we can accommodate you. If you have any questions, we encourage you to give us a call at 832-649-2951. You can also send us a message through our Contact Us form.